Sunday, April 20, 2008

Featured Stamper Challenge


Well, what happens after a great night of sleep???? Insomnia the next night!!! LOL Well, at least it gets put to good use on the SCS Challenges!!! :)

This is the card for the Featured Stamper Challenge. A stamper called Sparklegirl!!!! Now how come ***I*** didn't think of that name when I first signed up??? LOL Anyway.........her gallery is so pretty, but this is the card that jumped out at me: Lilly. I really love black and white cards, yet seldom make them. I also pulled out my Morning Soft stamp, which I've only used to stamp wishes for the WishRAK group so far!! LOL I changed the required few things..........I made it a 5x5 square card, used a different stamp set, and used velvet ribbon and more brads. I also did the corners differently. I DID restrain from using sparkle all over the place. Really odd though considering it was Sparklegirl's gallery!!! LOL

I also made 6 matching cards, and need to make the tote to go with. I'll have that on my blog tomorrow. I better get at least a little bit of sleep!! Do you KNOW what tomorrow night is??????? The Gina K. Release Party on SCS!!!! Oh the sneak peeks have been FANtastic!!!! Check out Gina's Blog...........Melanie's Blog.......... and Cammie's Blog..........wowzers, huh???!!!! I'll be at the party with my credit card ready!!! LOL I just know James is gonna take that away from me soon!!! LOL Hope to see you at the party............but be warned.........it's a wild ride!!!!

More crafting tomorrow............I'm in total denial and obviously believe my house will pack itself!!!! LOL

~ Have A Creative Day! ~

13 comments:

  1. What an elegant card, Lee! Very pretty! Sorry you are having insomnia - it seems to be my turn tonight but I can't get the energy to make something so am reading instead :-)

    Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I was interested to hear about your husband's Christmas cacti too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card! hope that insomnia is solved soon *I'm going to email some tips to you to help* SLEEP is so important for our bodies & brain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, Lee, this is beeUtiful!! I love how you rounded just the two corners and you can't go wrong with Morning Soft - that one's on my "I'm gonna get is *someday* list". Now you've got me thinking...black & white...& Basic Gray - hmmmm.....
    :-)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an super stunning card!! So simple and elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeououusss take on the challenge Lee! Sorry abou the insomnia, I think it's going around because a lot of us seem to be dealing with it.

    Can't wait to see your tote with cards - I'm working one as well for a workshop on Friday...talk about waiting until the last minute huh.

    Not sure I'll make it to the release party tonight, but I'll try my best...hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card Lee, a tote will be a great addition. Can't wait to see it! I know the insomnia thing...can't wait till the party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. I hate when i get those bouts of insomnia--but at least you used it and made something productive. GREAT card!

    happy birthday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoo hoo, Sparklegirl must be beaming with pride! This card you made in her honor is FABulously gorgous! Ooozing with sophistication and elegance! Oh, you're so awesome to get everyone all hyped up about Gina K.s release tonight! I can't wait to part-eee!!! Hugs till tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awsome card Lee!!! I love the 2 rounded corners and the ribbon is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lee...oooh...love this card! Came by just to say hi and to thank you for visiting me...but I just had to stop and drool over this card! I love the artsy corner technique. Doesn't that change the look of a card? Anyway...fabulous!

    YES! I can't wait for our get-together! I need to check back in on the FB threads to get more details. But I'm so looking forward to it. What an absolute lark!! Heard from Keri on my blog a day or two ago...hope her plans are going well. SEE YOU soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I really like the look of this card....and simply because of the two rounded corners. It just makes such a cool difference. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! I love this stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so lovely and elegant!!! I have insomnia, most nights(like tonight) so I feel your pain!! Might as well stamp!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!