Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Back to (Semi) Normal!

Today I had to run a zillion and a half errands!! LOL But the best part was taking my daughter to her Writer's Group to find out that she won 1st Prize in a local writing contest! She won 2nd prize last year in a County writing contest! I think she's definitely on her way to her goal to be an author!!! Her blog link is on my sidebar, The Wordbender. Be prepared for a crazy, silly, creative, funny, confusing rambling blog!! She IS 17 and posts as many of her characters that she writes about!! I, of course, did my usual Michael's shopping while waiting for her!! They had some good sales!!! :) Meanwhile my big ole SU order came in today too!!! Talk about sensory overload!!! So I had to pull out a few new things to use since tomorrow I'll be packing as DH and I head out for a business road trip for a few days. I'm meeting up with a couple of SCS stampin' friends, so I WILL get some stampin' time in!!!




I made a quick Riley card for a Hanna Challenge.......I didn't know there was one til I stumbled back onto the member forum.......and I'd never actually done a Hanna challenge......or Riley challenge in my case!! So this is just a quick one with one of my new Rileys! Campfire Riley!! Isn't he cute??? I did have to make it and upload it quick before the deadline, so I totally forgot to put a touch of applique on the marshmallows!!



And this is my double challenge card. I combined yesterday's Technique Challenge, which was to stack ribbons.......with today's Color Combination Challenge, which was Glorious Green, Not Quite Navy and Real Red. OUCH!!! Those are not so much a favorite combination of mine!! But I pulled out one of my new stamps sets (Time Well Spent) and some of the new designer stack and just made a quick card. I'm not exactly thrilled with the poor thing...........but I did it!! Tomorrow I am soooooooooooooooo stamping something PINK and GLITTERY!!!!! LOL



~ Have A Creative Day! ~

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your daughter on her 1st place. You must be so proud of her that's a great acheivement.

    Love your moose card that is so cute and the colours are lovely.

    The other card is very bright, not sure who picked the colours for that challenge?? It is good to go out of your comfort zone now and again though - that's what challenges are all about! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these cards! Haven't stopped by in a while and just wanted to say hi!

    -Kurtis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kuddos to your daughter....I can tell you are one proud mama!!!!
    I love your campfire Riley...I so need that stamp for my campin' husbands birthday card.....hmmm any chance of an image???? Congratulationson stepping out of your comfort zone. Ya did good! Think of those colors as a cowboy bandanna and jeans...that's what I have to do. So enjoy your pink and glitter today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these look great. I hope the moose is making S'mores! Great job on the colour challenge too. I'm not sure what I'm doing for that one yet. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Riley card, Lee! Love it! Congrats to your daugther, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, you sound like whether you like it or not, life is back to busy busy!! And you still managed to get in 2 cards, one of which covered both scs challenges for this week...and daughters event (awesome for her, btw!!! Go girl!)--packing and a day of errands?! I think I can forgive your lack of fluffy applicqued marshmellows, lol! Riley is too stinkin cute! Oh, I've heard M's has a great sale on now! And how fun that you're gonna meet a couple of scs friends on your trip..not all business afterall, yay! hugs Lee, so glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the moose card...reminds me of summer camping. Can't wait for some s'mores.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cards, Lee. Glad to hear you are feeling better! Have a great road trip and rest and of course stamp! Or at least shop for stamps lol! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Congratulations to your daughter!! That's quite an achievement!! Love the Riley card, too cute and the flower card is fabulous so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty cards:-) Nice blog:-) TFS... Bys, Silli

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards, Riley is just too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an achievement for your DD! Please tell her I said "Congratulations!!" That's great news :-D

    And your Riley card really is cute, with or without glittery marshmellows. I love the colours and the embellishments.

    I don;t think I would have chosen those colours for the second card either, though I think you made them 'work' together. I love that stamp set!

    How exciting to get your SU! order!! And to be meeting up with some SCS friends!! Hope you have a fabulous day!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats to your daughter, how exciting! love your Riley (they're so cute, but I haven't bought any yet) and I haven't have time to venture with the stacked ribbon or funky color challenge yet *boohoo* yes, the new SU! can be overwhelming but in a good way! I bet you're going to have fun with fellow SCSer's! woohoo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are TERRIFIC! I love the campfire Riley card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Riley is adorable!!! Love the bright colors on you flower card!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to your daughter, what a huge accomplishment!! She is home schooled right? If so then bravo to you for beind such a wonderful teacher!! Your cards are both fabulous, and I totally agree, that color combo made me want to throw up!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woohooo---Congrats to your dd--what wonderful news!!

    Love those cards---the second one is so bold and fabulous---great job with those colors!!!

    Good luck on finding the perfect home too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LIKE your green, red and navy card!!!

    Congrats about DD and I am soooo jealous that you are getting some stamping time with other SCS Flybabies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahhhh....a huge congrats to your DD. What an amazing accomplishment!

    I hope you're having a fantastic week/weekend and hope you have a blast with meeting up with friends. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute Riley.... :-) I would have had a hard time working with the colors from the color challenge too!
    Congrats for your daughter! Way to go girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. LoL! Lee, if you can come to Australia, we will CERTAINLY take you out on the ocean!! Just let me know when you are coming!

    ReplyDelete
  22. BEAUTIFUL cards! I love that campfire moose! Very cute!

    Congratulations to your daughter! I checked out her blog - she is very talented. What a great sense of humour! You must be very proud.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!