Friday, March 14, 2008

SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!


Oh yeah!!!!!!!! I got my new acrylic stamps I ordered from Flourishes..........a member company on SCS. My first time ordering from them......and they were FAST!!!! I ordered the Cake Decorating set and the Bon Bon set! Of course!! LOL I only made simple cards because the last 2 challenges on SCS were to keep things pretty simple. The first challenge was PP Here, PP There, PP Everywhere. We could ONLY use patterned paper.....except for the card base. I did use white cardstock for the base, but everything else is designer paper from SU called Berry Bliss. This is one of my faves!! Pink and brown and chocolately yummy!!!! I cut out the cake image and used stickles to "ice" the cake. I used lots of stickles actually!!! I was using it as a crutch since I couldn't stamp the image onto white cardstock and color in lots of detail!!


This next challenge was Tool Free. I have to say I really thought about skipping this one.......I mean really.............NO PAPER PIERCER even!!!!!!! Okay, so I decided that the challenges are really challenges and are supposed to get us out of our little comfort zones!!! This card actually came together pretty quickly.......which totally surprised me!!! But then, using a Gruffies image can make up for a LOT!!!!! They're just so dang cute!!!!!!! AND......I only used my paper cutter and a pair of scissors for tools!!! But I DID use bling!!!! The sentiment also comes from one of the Flourishes sets.


Now.............I have a fantastic little bit of news............our little kitty came home!!!!!!!!! She's been gone for 3 days............and that's almost always a death sentence in my neck of the woods!! And she's one of our littler ones!! We have 4 kitties.......and they all are bonded to dd. And she's a complete cat person!!! So she was very sad.......even though we've been through this and she accepted it and did not blame me. But I did!! I'd been careless with the dog door since she'd been caterwauling and thought if she got out maybe she'd play a bit and come back in. Boy was I ever sorry!!! So.......back in for good she stays!! And I ran around and woke everyone up to celebrate!!! DS was glad........then promptly fell back asleep, DH was confused then glad........then promptly fell back asleep!! DD was awake and just smiled ear to ear!!!! WHEW!!! Now I can give back the "bad mom of the year" award!!! Thanks for "listening"!! (Like you had a choice???!!!!) LOL

12 comments:

  1. LoL! 'Rave away', Lee! I am SOOO glad your kitty came home! There's nothing quite like losing a pet that way, and I'm glad it didn't happen to you!!

    Lee, your cards are just great. That chocolate cake card made me hungry, it looks so good. And the Gruffy Bear is awfully cute!! Having to use no tools would be a challenge alright, but you made this card cute as a button. You;re an amazing artisie, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - I should prrof read more often before posting :-) I meant ARTISTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I cannot believe I mispelled 'proof' even after proof reading it!!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cards and good for you for going out of your "card-making" comfort zone. The results were great!

    I'm so glad your kitty came back safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so glad your kitty came home and in this weather too, poor little thing!

    Your cake card is just lovely - you did a great job with your new goodies!

    Your challenge card is just precious!!! The ribbon, the layout and love, love, love the honey!

    Hope you're having a good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great cards, as usual - celebrating with you about your kitty's return! I know the elated feeling...my first cat Smokey who was inside/outside stayed away for 2 weeks one time but came home. Then my sister lost hers for a few weeks and the poor thing came back without one of his legs (he's adjusted fine to it but it was sad) happy he wasn't killed though! Keep a watchful eye now. Our cats are INSIDE (no front claws and they are ALLOWED to go into the backyard fenced in only several times a day) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy that your kittie came home. I would have been beside myself too!! I mean seriously, I won't let my dog go outside by herself, I am afraid she won't come back and it will break my heart!! Your cards are freakin AWESOME!! I love them, but I have to say the second one is by far my favorite, it is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How stinkin' cute! I love the sparkly honey and this super cute image, wow! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are awesome! You did a fantastic job without tools and the chocolate cake looks YUMMY!

    I'm so happy about your kitty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad your kitty is back...I hate when they disappear. Better make sure she stays in for awhile after you move. :) BTW...the cards are gorgeous. I love the paper piercing on the first one...and you are right that little bear doesn't need a lot. Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I simply LOVE the bear card, it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!