Monday, March 17, 2008

A New Technique and 7 Random Facts!!


First.......a very FUN challenge for today's Try A New Technique SCS challenge. We were to ink the "negative" side of a Cuttlebug folder and then put our piece of c/s in and run it thru the Cuttlebug. I admit.....I saw the Kub (Kurtis) do this as soon as he got his Cuttlebug because his brain is ALWAYS thinking!!! LOL But I hadn't actually tried it myself until this challenge was posted! I don't know why not.........it's SUPER easy!!! And sure does make a wonderful look!!! I used Lavendar Lace and then Black and White c/s along with some WONDERFUL Basic Grey dsp. I love it........love it.........love it!!!!! I used Cammie's new set Framed Flowers and used the watercolor technique. Just a little bit of decorating with piercing, ribbon "tied" around the bouquet and some rain drops. I didn't put a sentiment on the front as I really just liked the look of the flowers framed in the center!!

Next......you all have GOT to check out this "Hippy" and "Hoppy" card by Barb.........and tell me just how absolutely CREATIVE and ADORABLE, etc, etc. this is!!!!

And now.............my 7 Random facts as I was tagged by Jessie.....aka Knightrone on SCS. Oh go check out her blog.........she's AMAZING!!!! Here ya go Jessie:

1. I wanted to be a writer or a chef. Now I get to do both!! I write for fun.......no books or stories or things like my dd who wants to be an author. Just free-writing.......and by hand.......I find it very relaxing and cathartic. I also do lots of cooking!!!

2. I used to be HORRIBLY shy!!! Yeah, I know.....ME!!!??? LOL I grew out of it after I married a shy man and had 2 very shy children and I needed to be the one to make friends for all of us!! Thankfully my hubby and kids have gotten a bit better........but I know I sure have lots more fun than when I was shy!!!

3. I want to publish a book of poetry or recipes!! Or both!! LOL The recipe book really that I'm planning on doing is the Heirloom Recipe book with dh's mom and family. At least we know family will buy copies!!! LOL

4. I'm a shopping addict........yep!! I've had to be really aware of that as I spend when I'm down and that's soooooo not a good habit to pass along to the kiddos!!

5. I don't like bananas! Very strange and random fact, eh??!!! LOL

6. I LOVE Doris Day movies!!! No.......I am NOT that old!!! LOL My grandparents watched them and so I'd sit with them to enjoy their company and got hooked!!! Now my dd loves them too!!!

7. I'm actually allergic to our pets!! Not life-threateningly or that severe........but enough to need allergy meds sometimes........but they're worth it!!! (usually!! LOL)

Okay..........I'm terrible at Tagging back...........so I'll throw out another "if you can think of 7 fun facts you'd like to share".......then please do!!!! :)

19 comments:

  1. Wow...that card ROCKS...love your two created bg and the way you framed those flowers.

    Nice to learn more about you (I am allergic to animals too---I can handle dogs--with medication...but NOT cats!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually popping over to link your blog to tag you ! got 7 more random facts?? (more later, gotta run!

    PS Pillow Talk!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is just so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card... What a great technique... and good to get to know you a bit better...
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so beautiful! I just got a cuttlebug for my birthday, so I'm just waiting for some play time so I can use it! LOVE it! I was going to tag you for this too, but I guess I'll have to find someone else! You're too funny - being allergic to your own pets! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I thought of Kub's tutorial too when I saw this challenge, that's when I first tried this doing winter cards and using my CB snowflake folder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card =)

    I always wanted to be a chef but I just cook for my BF and daughter and they seem to like whatever i cook =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOur card is super! Love the colors...and I finally purchased some cuttlebug embossing folders that I hope to use soon!

    Thanks so much for mentioning my card! You are very sweet and it touched my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWhh shucks, thanks for the compliment!! Love your card today and it was nice getting to know you a little better!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card. I just saw this technique on SCS and I have to play with it this week.

    I love getting to learn more about you. To bad you didn't live closer we could shop together. LOL!

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet card...BTY use Brillance ink then heat set it with your embossing gun, it will not run with copics!!!Michaels even sells Brillance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lee, I LOVE your new card!!! It is just so pretty. I had never heard of the reverse cuttlebug technique before! I want a cuttlebug :-(

    Your seven random fatcs were fun to read. I would love to be on the list of people you notify when you do your Heirloom Recipes. I collect them too! Maybe we should collaborate! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. I don't have a cuttlebug so wasn't able to do the challenge, but I love the effect it makes with this technique. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  14. So as I said over at SCS - this card is GORGEOUS!!! Love everything about it and the background is amazing!

    So nice to know a little bit more about you. I love how bits and pieces of what you wanted to be or wanted to do - you're sort of doing. The shy thing surprised me a bit - LOL!

    I really hope you get published some day and what a neat book it would be if you're able to combine a little bit of recipes and some poems...it would be a great concept!

    The Doris Day movies...I so get it. Not sure if I Love them, but for sure it brings me back to some wonderful childhood memories of Mom, sis and I hanging out on Sunday mornings for our marathon Doris Day movie watching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey there my Sweet Friend...This is Fantabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card, all cards, pics and all your blog is beautiful! Kisses from Máxico!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card!!! I absolutely love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That card is so bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is really beautiful, love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!