Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Lovely Flowers!!



Howdy, Howdy!!!

Well, first......let me thank, thank, THANK my wonderful blogging/SCS friend Carolina for a fantastic surprise I found in my mailbox!!! I've been admiring the SCS Rub Ons on so many beautiful projects I've seen and guess what she sent me?? YESSSSSSSSS!!!!! A brand new package of them!!! OH MY!!!!! Are they ever gorgeous!!!!!! Now.....I know I need more practice......and LOTS of it!!! LOL But this is the first project I made with them.......I used the black ones and put them on this lovely bud vase I picked up at Michael's!! I do love this.....and can't wait to try them out on lots of different projects!! Carolina.........you are soooo sweet!!!!


I also just loved this very cool Sketch Challenge for today!! I was in a very floral mood today and so happy to use another of my new Gina K. stamp sets!! I used Carolyn King's gorgeous Framed Flowers. I just inked the "friend" of one of the phrases and stamped it right next to the flowers. I used more Basic Grey designer paper...........LOVE that stuff!!! And Linsey inspired me to use my new Periphery BG with her BEAUTIFUL Tin!!! I used Brocade Blue and Old Olive c/s and this time I did my piercing but did some faux stitching!! I had to add a "little" bit of bling....but controlled myself so as not to overwhelm the softness of this card!! I just used some pearls!! Back to working on more swaps to finish up!!!! :)

14 comments:

  1. Love the rubons ** and the card is very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! Love how you used the rub ons on the glass...and love the card--it is soft and beautiful. The pearl accents are a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vase! I do need to get my rub ons out and try them...Also the card is beautiful. Good for you on resisting the urge to add more BLING! This is wonderful as is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so pretty, Lee! And the rubons - wow! Isn't it good to try new things?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with the rubons Great work, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZA! Awesome job! I want to try the rub-ons on glass too!

    your card is great too...I'm just off to stamp now myself...this challenge really got a lot of great samples! I can't possibly leave comments on every one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lee, your vase turned out really cute and i still haven't tried playing with rub-ons. and your cards is very pretty..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeay!!! So excited you got to play with the rub-ons! The vase looks perfect and it's going to be that much better with flowers in it - love it!

    Your card is GORGEOUS!!! Love the color combo, the ribbon treatment and of course the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, that was sweet of Carolina! they're fun, huh?? I wish I'd have gotten more than I did now it's too late *boo hoo* Thanks for your sweet comments on my Cancer tin, of course you can case it (just link back to me crediting for the inspiration) *smile* can't wait to see what you do with it...that's thoughtful of you. Your card is so pretty! btw, you should consider setting up your profile with your email so I can email you directly from the post rather than this way *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so beautiful, and how sweet of Carolina to send you the rubons!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the rubons...I have to get those out and use them! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh! That vase looks awesome! I love the rub-ons too! And your card is so pretty! I love the colours and all the pretty flowers! That's a great sketch - I'm going to have to try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The rubons look perfect on the glass. I love your take of the challenge! I hope to start doing more challenges.

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your vase and the card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!