Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I LOVE Purely Pomegranate!!!


I do!! I really LOVE this color!!! Today's SCS Color Challenge was Purely Pomegranate, Basic Gray and Basic Black. Perfect for a more serious card. It's a sad time of year for me and I was missing my grandfather.......so I made this in honor of him and in thinking of what a fantastic Grandpa he was. The story is long and miserable, but he was the only adult in my life who truly loved me and it was tough to lose him 11 months ago and not even be able to say good-bye. So I've been thinking about him and that put me in a reflective mood. I sure have some WONDERFUL memories of him and I absolutely take comfort in those!! So not to worry........I'm not someone who allows sadness in for very long at all!! I don't deal with sadness well..........I'd rather be happy and make others feel great too!!! :) I didn't use much bling........aren't you proud?? Even my dd was impressed!!! LOL I really love this Define Your Life stamp set!! Okay........let's change the subject, shall we??!!!!!!

NOW.........quick update!! Did you attend the Gina K. Forum Release Party?????????? I DID, I DID, I DID!!! It was fast, furious and FUN!!!! Check it out if you want to read a zillion pages!!! LOL And yes..............of COURSE I placed an order!!! In fact......I was **finished** placing my order 12 minutes after the release!!!!!!!!! Definitely check out some of the sneak peeks and maybe then I'll tell you which stamp sets I ordered!!! ;)

Now..........the winner of Melanie's Just So Hoppy contest??? DONNA!!!!!!! Oh and what a truly deserved win!!!! She has the most awesome Hoppy creations!!! Congrats Donna!!!!

There were some challenges, so watch for some projects!! I have until Thursday to create and post!!!! But tomorrow we're house-hunting again. I don't want to say much as we're soooooooo unsure.........but please keep your fingers crossed that I have some news tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

18 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card!! Your story made me sad, but as long as you are keeping your chin up, I will too!! I think this is a beautiful tribute to someone you cared about so much!! Good luck tomorrow, I will keep my fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, that is a fabulous card and I hope it helped you to make it in memory of your grandfather, who sounds like he was a splendid man. I am so glad you had someone like him in your life.


    What a beautiful colour combination! I love the embossing on the black!

    I missed Gina K's party sadly. Sound slike it was a hoot.

    And all the very best with your house hunting. I just know you will find something good soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee, I'm so sorry about your grandpa. What a beautiful card you made as a tribute to him. I love the gold embossed on those fabulous colours! You did a great job with the challenge!

    Good luck with your house-hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable! Love how you framed your sentiment and wonderful tribute to him...all I can say is embrace the memories you had of him and let those memories take you to better and happier times with him. I totally get what you're saying about your grandpa, even though mine just passed away I'm sure I'll be feeling the way you're feeling next year. Thinking of you...

    On the house hunting - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you...here's to hoping you have some wonderful news to share! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its always so hard to lose a loved one. Its times like these I thank the Lord for memories....Love your card Sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful card and wonderful for you to honor his memory & presence in your life. I never knew either of my grandfathers. Thanks again for the congratulations!!! I picked up my set from Melanie this evening *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a beautiful way to remember him--I'm thinking of you and sending you a big hug! I love this card, it's really gorgeous, Lee. Well, you beat my time, but I got my order in last night too ;) Can't wait to start playing with all the new sets! Happy house hunting and btw, Melanie posted her hoppy mentions and you enties are SO stinking' fabulous, oh, I just love 'em-great work and congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lee what a beautiful card and what a tribute to your grandfather. HAve you considered framing it and keeping it as a memory of him and a symbol of your love for him?

    In response to the comment you let on my BLOG. I'm ready to pack my bags and move to CO anytime. Just help me figure out a way to convince DH he too wants to move!!!! Keep the snow falling and the reservoirs filling and maybe he will reconsider retiring there. That was always out plan till the drought hit. Of course retirement in his mind is still 10 years away. That's another thing I am much more ready to do then he is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice tribute for you grandfather, I lost my mine when I was really young but I remembered him so well because he took time to take care of us. And every Sunday, he takes me and my cousin to church and we go wherever we want afterwards....i sure do miss him =)

    Love your card, btw =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, design and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card. (Thanks for leaving the encouraging comment on my blog as I get started again) Take good care! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice job with the colour challenge. I like all the elements in your card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stopping by to say 'hi' again and hope you are doing well. How did the house hunting go?

    It's raining here again - we've had rain for weeks. I am grateful for the blessing because it has broken the 7 year drought here, but I miss the sun soemtimes :sigh:!

    Have a great day, Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW...seems like a lot happened. I think the card is a wonderful way to remember your grandfather. Remember...he is there with you and knows that you love him. Congrats again on the house. Jennie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!