Saturday, March 8, 2008

Awards, Challenges and Goodies, OH MY!!!


Ahhhh.......where to start??? What a busy couple of days!! It seems like at least 3 days were packed into the last 2!! I was so thrilled and happy and completely taken by surprise to find out I was awarded this beautiful Make My Day award!!! Carolina and Jessie both awarded this to me......WOW!!! How FANtabulous is that???!!!!

Now.........the extremely difficult part.........to nominate 5 blogs that Make My Day! Truly, I have almost 50 blogs on my Google Reader!! I totally shouldn't admit that, should I???!! LOL Well, every single one inspires me in some way or another..........so definitely I love all of you all!! (Wonderful grammar, eh??!!!) But.........I have to pick 5........so I will choose a few newer bloggers (to me) that I have absolutely enjoyed getting to know!!!

Carolina - You reached out to me and have made me feel so welcome in participating in challenges and build up my confidence in my stamping!! Your blog has so many pretty creations and you make everyone feel like they can follow your examples and create those beautiful projects!!

Jessie - You are always up for the challenges and keep me inspired to keep up with them (or try to!!). You share your time and energy and love and the experiences with your beloved nieces.......oh I wish I had an Auntie like you when I was little!!! You also keep me "hopping" with Melanie's sets!!!
Linsey - My bud!! A fellow Hippy and Hoppy stamp-lover!!! LOL Your brain never quits!! You make the most amazing projects and share every detail so we can all enjoy such awesome creations!! You also are such a wonderful cheerleader!!

Melanie - You are amazing!! A designer, an artist, a mom and wife, etc!! And you give so generously of your time, your talent, your tutorials........just WOW!! And speaking of giving, I just got your Blog Candy that I won.................another WOW or ten!!! FANtastic!!! Thank you and I will never miss out on one of your stamp sets!!! LOL

Gina K. - Oh yeah!!! So many tutorials, designs, contests, clubs.........just out of this world!!! How can I NOT be addicted??!! And some wonderful glimpses into the behind-the-scenes world of a Designer and Stamp Store owner...........don't we ALL think that's just the best??!! And those Release Parties.........WooooooooHoooooooo!!!!!!


Here's the Inspiration Challenge for today.......an Irish Quilt. It's a beautiful quilt that my daughter would LOVE.......being into all things Celtic at the moment!! This was my take on the challenge.........a quilt design, the wonderful bright green, "stitching" by piercing..........and I just HAD to Bling it up!!!!!!!!! [url=http://www.freesmileys.org][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/happy093.gif[/img][/url] I used Green Galore, Whisper White and Metallic Green paper. A little clover stamp from the All Year Cheer set. Ribbons and lots of piercing........I love piercing!!! I just had to stickle the shamrocks to help bring out the metallic bg!! :)

And just a quick update.......I received my Blog Candy win from Melanie today!!!! I can't wait to start creating!!! If you want to see my wonderful stash.......click HERE!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful comments friend - you so warmed my heart! And wow - is your inspiration card lovely!!! Love what you take away from it and created this...just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, what an amazing day! You really had fun with the awards and the quilt and now you will have some wonderful blog candy to play with!! It's all good, just like you say your Reality is!!

    Good for you, lady. You deserve it all :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say although I didn't nominate you for this, I should! You make my day with your sweet, funny comments! That's funny...guess how many I have in my Google Reader (like 270)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the award and the goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!