Sunday, February 17, 2008

Now Appearing ~ The Famous Frogettes!!!


Oh yeah............the wee hours of the morning can result in some very funny designs!!! For me anyway!! But I sure did have fun trying to come up with a unique card using my brand new Just So Hoppy set that Melanie Muenchinger designed for Gina K. Designs.


I used Whisper White cardstock and Basic Grey dsp........I LOVE that line!!! So I colored them with my Prisma pencils and used the Gamsol (odorless mineral spirits) technique. I fussy cut them out.......that's a new term I learned from a fellow blogging/stamping/flybaby friend, Suzanne, who is also a quilter and I guess that term is used a lot!! I hooked the frogettes together "Rockette" style!! LOL I gave them a lily pad stage that I found in some clip art online and printed out onto cardstock. I lightly chalked a circle of white c/s to make the moon.......their "spotlight"!!! Oh and I used one of the brand new Bling Tags from Gina K. Designs. I LOVE 'em!!!! I covered it with the dsp and sanded the edges!! The difficult part of this card (aside from cutting) was getting that ribbon to stay evenly twirled!!


Well........what do you all think??? Is it a keeper or am I committed to the loonie bin for a while??? LOL

18 comments:

  1. It's definitely a keeper, Lee!! I laughed when I saw it and it is just adorable. What a good idea to link the 'frogettes' together. And twirly ribbon - who would have thought??

    We must have been in synch about the frogs...you'll understand when you see my last blog post!

    Oh and start watching for the postman about ten days from tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!!! If you have no one to give it to I know someone who would LOVE this card. ;) Oh, and your candy is on it's way!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frogettes! I'm still laughing. Super duper card. (get some rest now!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Cute Cute~ I guess I really should add a fourth cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a keeper for sure! Your card is so funny and cute, I love it! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooohhhh... how cute.. love these dancing froggies.
    made laugh.
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. bwaaa~ this is TOO funny, very cute, love the stage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is too cute and funny.
    TFS!
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gush Lee...how freakin' cute is this! I love middle of the night creations...they seem to always be the best for me anyway - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is soooo such a keeper...I just came to your blog from Donna's blog! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's fabulous and I agree definitely a keeper! Looks like a design team audition to me. I commented on SCS, but I was at Donna's blog and saw how you were famous and all had to leave another!! Totally adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh how cute! love the dancing frogs..isnt the middle of the night fun for some cool design inspiration!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a keeper! What an adorable card! I love the frogs and the ribbons at the sides! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are too clever! Ok, I obviously LOVe Mel's chorus line of froggies, but your lilypad stage and fabulous moon spotlighting the show is simply magnificent! I adore the creativity of this fun and exciting little scene! What great inspiration, Lee! tfs it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is definitely the cutest. Love those frogs...I agree..you never know what you can get early in the morning. Jennie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!