Thursday, February 14, 2008

New Look and A Double-Challenge Card!

First..............well, it was about time I updated my blog look!! Can't stand to be too predictable and boring!!! :) The header is our beautiful snowy Sangre De Christo mountain range!! I just LOVE winter!!!



And........I decided to combine challenges as I've seen many other SCS'ers do!! It can really be interesting!! So this was the Color Challenge and the Sketch Challenge for this week on SCS. The Challenge Forum is awesome!!! I think it's really helping me to grow as a stamper and get my creativity flowing!!! A super HUGE thank you to all the amazing ladies who post new challenges every single day!!!



So this card uses Kraft, Green Galore and Tempting Turquoise. Although I had used up all my turquoise and had to substitute Taken With Teal. I also used the sketch posted in the Wednesday sketch challenge. I had lots of fun!! I am really enjoying the paper piercing look right now!! And, of course............gotta Bling it Up!!!! ROFL Of course I do!! ;) I used an older SU stamp set called Send A Celebration that my very good flybaby friend, Paula, RAK'd me with!!! Also my brand new SU set called Sprinkles! What do you think????

I also made some of these mini 4x4 cards to go into some WishRAK images I stamped! I just got approved on SCS into the RAK'ing group.............and I'm jumpin' in!! Looks like I'm gonna have all kinds of fun!!! Swapping images and all kinds of other doo-dads!!! And I just love sharing my images since my hubby spoils me!! I mean.......seriously, I AM an addict!!! If you see any images on my cards that you'd like........just let me know!!! See?? That way I can tell hubby that I share and then stay in denial as to my actual "issues"!!! ROFL!!!

OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! And I forgot to say that I signed up as an SU Demo!!!! Of course, only as a hobby demo as my sales skills STINK!!!! I attempted Pampered Chef when my kids were little........I BOMBED!!! Ah well.......at least I can get discounts on my own addiction for a while!!! I got lots of brand new sets (to me) that I can't wait to play with!!! Soooooooo..........y'all stay tuned!!!! :)

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards again....you are my inspiration. One day soon I hope to put that inspiration to work stamping again, but now it's not looking like it will happen till next week...
    I love how you layered the ovals and the punch in the bottom right. I have that punch and have never used it. Will have to dig it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, you are a hoot! You commented on my post like seconds after I posted at 12:20 IN THE AM!!! You've done that before. We are so funny! Oh, we really ought to be in either your craftroom or mine stamping up a storm into the wee hours of the morn!

    Hey I love these new cards. These wee ones are especially cute. May I CASE for a workshop? Pretty please?

    Congratulations on becoming a demolina! You know, I've done another DS thing too, and didn't have near the success I'm having with SU. It just sells itself really and women go CRAZY over the stuff. Don't WE??

    Well, I just wanted to be the first one to officially say Good Morning! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lee! Congrats on becoming a demo. I do the "hobby demo" thing too. I also do the "Wish RAK" thing. It's lots of fun!

    Plus I love winter too...just don't get enough winter in Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what do I think? amazing amazing amazing!!!! You do some real amazing work with your cards, Lee.... a real stampin' diva in my mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee - I love both of these! They are completely amazing. . . and I'm impressed with the photo staging as well. Great job and congratulations on the Demo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. i love that set of cards---the colors are beautiful.

    Congrats on becoming a hobby demo--i was one for a year--what fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - so many new things to read and see! First, love the new banner...just breathtaking. Secondly, gorgeous card!!! The colors, the layering, the layout...all work so god together. Lastly congrats on becoming a demo. I've been one for about three years and love it...though as you can tell from my cards and projects I tend to dabble with other companies as well, but love SU! sets just as much.

    I'm bummed we didn't know each other last year too...it would have great to meet in person!

    Happy Friday hon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep yep like the new look. Less pink... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Lee congrats on your new venture, I just KNOW that you will be a huge success! The discounts alone are probably all I would need to join, but it's amazing how easy SU! demonstrating is...the product really seems to sell itself! I have an amazing demonstrator, Shari Taylor, and she has never even tried to really sell, it just sorta happens! In fact, I'm going to my SU! stamp club tomorrow and can't wait to place my monthly order! You are so talented, I know people will be begging to buy from you soon too! These cares are all gorgeous! I love the craft,turquoise and green one, must case that soon! ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to being a demo, Lee!! I'm one too - a hobby demo. I don't have workshops as such, but often sell enough stamps and supplies to keep demo status, just by showing a catalogue or two and letting people see my cards!!

    I do love what you've made here - they are all gorgeous! And I like your new banner too. It's stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!