Friday, February 22, 2008

Challenge Cards and Colorado Scenery!!!!


Okay, so I'm feeling a little better.......definitely good enough to make a couple of challenge cards!! My dd is really sick now..........just got the nasty cold/flu going around and so I kept her company by stamping (my stamping area is in the LR) while she zoned out to Nick At Nite!!! Yes, she's 17 and loves those shows and also TVLand!!!! :)


Here's the Ways To Use It Challenge for this week. So.........hmmmmm.........make a Window Card, huh??? That's another totally new one for me!!! Nope..........I did not think of using my Nestabilities to make a window.............boy do I wish I had!!!!! LOL I do NOT cut straight lines freehand with a craft knife!!! However, I DID avoid injury......so that was a plus!!! Hmmm.....how to cover up my crooked window??? Ahhhhhhhhhhh.........make a window frame or curtain design!! Primas!!! I love 'em.........got lots of different kinds!! And they're big enough to cover up issues!!!! :) I used Whisper White, Basic Grey dsp, Acetate and Black StazOn. Just added some little pearls and ribbon!!! I do LOVE all the fantastic Window Cards I saw browsing through this Challenge Gallery!! Check them out!!


This next card was for the Limited Supplies Challenge for this week. To use our own hand-writing somewhere on our card. I didn't use much, as I was going for a simple look without much bling!!! I KNOW!!!!!!!!! GASP!!!!!!!!! SHOCK!!!!!!!!!!! LOL How did it turn out??? Not too badly! I used Whisper White, Perfect Plum and Basic Grey paper. I found this very cool Colorado stamp at my local LSS. It proudly bears our State Flower, the Columbine!! One of my very favorite flowers!!! I had them in my wedding bouquet!!! Okay.........very long and depressing story, so I won't go into it.........but my wedding bouquet was ruined right after my wedding by someone. So last June, on our 18th Anniversary, my FANtastic hubby surprised me with a re-creation of my bouquet!! It's beautiful and made with silk flowers (gorgeous ones!!) by an old school friend I've kept in touch with!! Her shop is the same one her folks have owned since we were in school together!! Here's her website just so you can oooh and aaah over her talent...Artistic Creations.


Now...........here's a photo of the Sangre De Christo Mountain Range. This is the area we are house-hunting in. The views are fabulous and it's closer to hubby's folks. And we can spread out a bit. There are a lot of options, and we just aren't sure what to do yet........obviously when the time is right.........it'll be right!!! :) Enjoy my Colorado Mountains!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Both your cards are wonderful, but that scenery is breathtaking!!! I would love to live somewhere like that, but I know that I never will(unless I get divorced, and that ain't happening!!), so I will have to settle for pictures. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad you are feeling better. Hope your DD does soon, too.

    You sure have been busy and have made some wonderful cards, Lee. I like how you 'disguised' your hand cut window! See? There are no mistakes in crafting - only embellishment opportunities!!

    And the mountains are superb. There's nothing like them in Australia. There are some mountains, but they are so small compared to the range sin North America...you'll love living there I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous view....love your card too. That is funny you didn't think of the easy way to make your window. LOL Jennie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments truly warm my heart! Thank you so much for making my day!